Membership in the CLL is designed primarily to serve the long-term user through
monthly membership payments. Non-member daily use is available by appointment
Tuesday through Thursday 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
or by special arrangement with the Librarian. Membership entitles the Member
to research, access and retrieve data from all databases belonging to the Library
according to the following terms and conditions:
- Each monthly Membership shall consist of one Member Individual or Company/ one unique "designated user"
(DU) that may access the CLL files on behalf of the Member. Members agree to only
use or allow the use of CLL information for its own internal business operations,
in-house or consulting contract services, or professional non-profit studies. Each
Member shall have one key to access the CLL facilities and may not
duplicate that key or loan out their key to any other person than their DU. The
Designated User may be changed with written approval of CLL Manager.
Membership in CLL is non-transferable and cancellation of membership requires 30
days written notice. Violation of Member policies shall be considered grounds for
non-refundable cancellation of membership.
- Monthly dues shall be paid in advance at the rate of $175.00/month. Copy charges or
any other fees will be billed on a monthly basis as incurred. Failure to pay dues for
one month will automatically terminate membership; re-instatement will require a
- Non-member daily use: is by appointment only and is
limited to Tuesday through Thursday 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Fees are $30/hr (2 hr minimum) or $80.00/day; daily use fees, copying charges, etc. must
be paid on day of use at the rates of $0.20/copy ($0.25 double-sided) for photocopies,
$0.65/copy fiche. No information will be checked out by non-members.
- Since the Library contains proprietary and copyrighted materials, the Member agrees
to limit copies made to one in number and, only of that portion which pertains to the
Member's use and reference. Copying for any non-Member use or resale is strictly
- Member shall bear the cost of replacement of any document, log, map, publication, or
any other material including the time that CLL librarian expends to verify the
defaced, damaged, lost or destroyed item(s) while in the possession, use or care of the
Member. Any replacement copy of a lost or damaged item must be legible and fully
- Well log packets: only monthly Members shall have the privilege of checking out well
packets under the following conditions:
- A maximum of 200 logs may be checked out at a time for a period limited to
60 consecutive days. (2 months)
- Logs may be recalled after they've been in the possession of a Member for five
working days should they be needed by another Member; recalled logs must be
returned to the Library within 5 working days of recall. Librarian may recall all
logs for inventory from time to time.
- Packets not returned by the due date or recall date will incur an overdue charge of
$1.00 per day, per packet until the packets are returned to the Librarian.
- Lost or non-returned well packet and log materials will be billed out at
replacement or actual copying costs.
- We ask that all Members and non-Member users respect the confidentiality of those
using the Library and they restrict their access to Casper Log Library areas only exclusive
of the Wyoming Geological Association facilities.